Day 2 in the jungle of Panama:

We went on a hike today in the wildlife corridor to a pond. I saw a lizard run on top of the water,  it was pretty wild. It was like something you would see in a National Geographic episode on tv. The lizard ran on his back two legs for 20 feet on top of the water before he reached the shore. There were small crocodile also we saw that were on top of the water with just his eyes above water. The water was fairly clear so you could make out the whole body of the reptilian. The crocodile seemed to not have a care in the world. He was very photogenic. 

We also so many different plants with medicinal properties. Unfortunately I can not remember the names I wish I would have wrote them down. One plant if you boil and drink it will help with back pain. Another helps with headaches. 

I am looking forward to our first full day in the field tomorrow working on research of plants!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog